Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Updates

It's been a busy week. Okay, here are the updates. I had an appointment with my oncologist last week. My last drain came out yesterday (yea!! what a great feeling that is). I had a follow up visit with my surgeon last week and all looks okay. I did develop an external infection at the end of last week that prompted a stat run to the physician. But with the antibiotic and lots of prayer, the infection is resolving. I did an Echo-Cardiogram today along with lab work and my PET scan was also today (the PET scan will detect if the cancer has spread to other locations). This Thursday I have a brain scan - yes lol a brain scan. No, they are not checking to make sure I have a brain - lol - the type of cancer I have has the tendency to spread to the brain. Friday my port will be placed. And, Monday the 8th is the 1st day of Chemo (the 1st round of chemo will be infused over approx. 5-6 hours and from there hopefully 4-5). I will not know the results from any tests until Monday but we are keeping the Faith it has not spread. I thank all of you for your continued prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for His continued strength on these upcoming treatments as you are tightly wrapped in His banner of LOVE!

    <°)))>{

    But those who hope in the LORD
    will renew their strength.
    They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.

    ~ Isaiah 40:31

    ReplyDelete