Friday, January 22, 2010

GRATEFUL

I was listening to K-LOVE this morning (K-Love is an amazing Christian radio station. Locally you can tune in at 96.1 or 90.7 and anywhere on their Internet site at : www.klove.com if you don't listen to K-Love now, tune in. You can even listen at your desk via their web site ). But anyway, I was listening and they asked the question "what would be your 'word' for the year"? The word GRATEFUL immediately came into my mind. I am GRATEFUL Jesus Christ is my Savior, I am GRATEFUL we serve an awesome God, I am GRATEFUL for my amazing family, I am GRATEFUL for my Church family, I am GRATEFUL for my friends, I am GRATEFUL for my co-workers, career, and my job at Wilkinson Pharmacy. I am GRATEFUL the Lord is there to carry us through the valley and lift us high upon the mountain tops. I am GRATEFUL for the support everyone is giving. I am GRATEFUL for life each and every day. So now I ask you, what would be your 'word' for this year?

5 comments:

  1. I was listening to it that day too. I love that station. I chose LISTEN...I do not listen enough. Listen to God, thats the bigest on, I have the funny notion that he needs my help sometimes, Listen to others and listen to my heart. I just need to listen. Thinking about you every day, praying for healing, courage and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I read your post, I faintly heard this song and cry…

    (Feeling compelled to post the lyrics)

    Give thanks with a grateful heart
    Give thanks unto the Holy One
    Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son
    Give thanks with a grateful heart
    Give thanks unto the Holy One
    Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son

    And now let the weak say, "I am strong"
    Let the poor say, "I am rich
    Because of what the Lord has done for us"
    And now let the weak say, "I am strong"
    Let the poor say, "I am rich
    Because of what the Lord has done for us"

    Give thanks…

    ~ Psalm 118 ~

    1 - Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
    for his steadfast love endures forever!

    14 - The LORD is my strength and my song;
    he has become my salvation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy,

    We are praying for you and wanted you to know we care. May God give you grace upon grace daily for the climb ahead. May you sense His hand holding you step by step.

    Love in Christ,

    Shirley (Beisner) Mills

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cate---I think of Love and Honor---It's everyday that I think of all the love that I get and all the love that I give to those around me. I am honored to have a husband that I love & care about and that loves and cares about me. I am honored that I have an amazing daughter (i don't really consider her my stepdaughter, she's mine) that loves me and I love her unconditionally. I'm honored that she considers me as a mom and as her confidant and friend. I am honored that I have the type of friends and family in my life that love me and I love them. We are the type of friends and family that don't know the word no, I can't be there or help you. We are always there supporting and loving each other. And....i have a faith that is strong in my way....that God has a plan for each of us and will give us the strength to fight the fight for any obstacle placed in our paths.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am THANKFUL...for my life and the people in it. I am thankful for the job I have, and I owe that thanks to you. I was a very lost and broken person when you gave me the opportunity to work for you, almost three years ago. My job has helped me redefine and find who I am again. Thanks for seeing something in me long before I ever did. I don't know where I'd be if you hadn't. Thankful for you, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete